photo f2fc6645-3553-483b-b64e-4c19058f6c05_zps121db233.jpg  photo 7B537578-F7C7-4F86-98B8-9F94E0644C33_zpsqirpypxs.jpg  photo jdberry_zpsea01d711.jpg  photo grizzlybroadheads_zps1m2s5rho.jpg  photo banner-kking-160-170_zps48e9d6a9.jpg  photo HolmMadeNewAd_09092014_zpsc4e4691d.jpg  photo truenortharrows_zpsi9ay4gwc.gif  photo 35A0AFC6-0F9E-412C-A64B-EBE54AF0479D_zpsmipyof8e.jpg  photo EEE5CA06-2368-4F2F-A920-0CA562579FE0_zpsm9lvvu1t.jpg  photo northernmist20bcard1_zpssaxw3n46.jpg  photo 072BD871-7553-4294-BBDD-E69370AD1F6A_zpsjismq5n7.jpg                                     photo AFF3B4E3-F518-4092-A4E6-65AE830AB2BE_zpsnuwaaten.jpg  photo f5d37de7-de84-47ad-b248-e8adfe84c5db_zps4oisluth.gif  photo 02c77249-7155-4785-a743-8faf8c694e7a_zpseaj9xlnz.jpg  photo B5D4E580-5A4C-4A25-AC73-D69CDBE82A69_zpsvvtli29v.jpg  photo Dave_shooting_bow_logo202_zpsuskt81vw.jpg  photo image_zps2rrhsrju.jpeg  photo sunsethill_zps551c0207.jpg  photo db77abad-c90f-4ee5-9e34-905fe0c0fd36_zpsleoiybdo.png  photo bigjim_zps76882839.jpg  photo howardhill_large_zps5fd2fcc7.jpg  photo IMG_5966_zpsgrbhwrgb.jpeg  photo Bearpaw_Products_Logo1_zps55d85f33.jpg  photo tradtech_zps697b00c1.jpg  photo a3c08d6f-f669-46b5-8b0c-1480a411cc78_zpsc853b3a6.gif  photo fairbow_zpsc278ec39.jpg  photo F5A4B354-1040-4D43-939F-28ED48F7E5B7_zpsws5ptsc8.jpg  photo coyote track 1_zpshipxn54s.png  photo DF07A98B-41BB-4024-BCF7-A4FCB543D40E_zpsoiduf1m2.png  photo the20footed20shaft_zpsudbyv3ab.jpg  photo blackeaglefinal_zpsfqgqqrcj.png  photo 94936CDE-4CF5-4181-B2F9-FECCA1FE886F_zpsy5nfpirv.jpg photo D49F4739-A11D-4F9D-9D50-4C3EE95E9555_zpswoqwk23o.jpg  photo BF4712C7-9EE6-460F-8380-4E7F08A65416_zpsmluzlgny.jpg  photo bivoucascreenshot_zpscfdgf0n0.jpg  photo 510CA748-680D-4178-8B50-1A4C7F7F895D_zps6b5pjjoc.gif
Traditional Archers | Bowhunters

Author   Comment  
Tom M

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Pondering about that “last bow” agian I wonder if anyone here has an A&H 3 piece TD they shoot? I don’t see much print about them and have seen and shot only a couple but that has been years ago. Any comments pro or negativ?

Sun City, Az. by way of San Diego, Ca. Bear TD's Wes Wallace Royal LB, ILF risers and various limbs, Vintage Works 1962 Kodiak reproduction made to my specs

I hunt public land.
Oldtimerbow

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #2 
These bows are very fast and are real performers. With that being said they can be a bugger to get arrows tuned. Any problem with your shooting form or release will show up. They are a great bow and are real shooters if you do your part. If you get on the website they usually have several risers and limbs in stock. You may find what you are looking for and have a bow in no time
Mgmicky

Reply with quote  #3 
I pretty much agree with Oldtimerbow.  Very fast-it takes me several shots to get used to shooting it when switching from my other longbows.  Definitely not as sexy as my ASLs but it is fun to shoot and very accurate

Attached Images
jpeg 6743C3F4-3E61-4228-9892-503ADA5760D6.jpeg (797.36 KB, 27 views)

————————————————————
East Tennessee

silverarrow

Club Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I have/had a love/hate relationship with their bows. Everyone understands the advantages of a flat trajectory, and the 2 I had were real performers. The one with the more deflexed riser was the more accurate one. The only reason I sold each one was the noise. I will not keep a bow that isn’t super quiet. I could certainly quiet them down enough that most people were not bothered by the “ping” sound from the carbon limbs, but it bothered me immensely, so I got rid of them. On another note, I’ve been thinking about making an offer to the guy I sold the more accurate bow to.
Northern Mist American TD 51#
Howard Hill, The Big Five (Tim Meigs) 57#
Sovereign Sonoran 58#
Browning Wasp 52#
Ryan Gill Osage Hunter (self bow) 52#
Tom M

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Gentlemen for your input. I remember the bows my friend had. Each one, the one piece and three piece were bows I hit the 10 ring the first shot I took from them. That’s been some years ago now. Why I didn’t run out and buy one is a mystery to me. 

Sun City, Az. by way of San Diego, Ca. Bear TD's Wes Wallace Royal LB, ILF risers and various limbs, Vintage Works 1962 Kodiak reproduction made to my specs

I hunt public land.
Mgmicky

Reply with quote  #6 
There’s one for sale on leatherwall right now

————————————————————
East Tennessee
Huntschool

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I am new here, today, and late to this thread.  However, I just took delivery of one of their three piece bows.  I bought it for speed as a strictly 3D bow and so far it meets all my requirements to that end.  

I am still working with it but I will say this, its fast as all get out.  I really wanted to get one of these back in the day when Mr. Adcock was still making them but decided to wait a bit.  The rest is history until just recently.

This bow is exactly what I was looking for.  Yea, I am messing around with the arrow tune but thats part of the fun as I am trying to squeeze as much speed as I can out of it while still retaining my own stability if you will.

Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Black Widow Bows
Deno

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Welcome to TAS Bruce.  Good to see you here.

Deno

Howard Hill Wesley Special 70#
Howard Hill Big 5  65#
Jerry Hill Stalker Deluxe  60#
Jerry Hill Wildcat ll 50#

Northern New Jersey
Tom M

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Bruce, first welcome to the site. I want to also thank you for your “first impressions” of your new bow. I am still in limbo about what bow I truly want. This past week I changed my mind agian. Next week who knows?

I hunt public land.
Huntschool

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Deno:
"Welcome to TAS Bruce.  Good to see you here."

Deno

Thanks good to be here.  Hope you and yours are "keeping distance"  and whatever ya do don't go to Teaneck.

Tom M 
"first welcome to the site. I want to also thank you for your “first impressions” of your new bow. I am still in limbo about what bow I truly want. This past week I changed my mind again. Next week who knows."

I just got done shooting about 40 shots with it using some new to me 60/120 four fletch using 3" feathers with 85 gr points.  Remember I said this was, at this point, strictly 3D bow.... speed and flat trajectory.  I am well pleased with what the bow did.  I do not have any silencers on it and it does make some noise.  I am now going to fool around with the brace height a bit more as well as nock set.  Ya just never know what will happen.

I will be backing out to 30 yards tomorrow for some more checking.

Tom, I am going to send you a PM.

AMM 761
Black Widow Bows
timking

TAS Upgrade Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Hey Bruce, welcome!!

We have a saying around here if there’s no pictures it didn’t happen!
I have also been on the lookout for one of those elusive longbows we sure would like to see pictures of it!

Dallas, Texas
62" #55 Fox High Sierra 
62" #58 Black Widow MA
64" #56 A&H ACS 
Widowmaker 350 Carbon shafts
200 gr. Iron Will 4 blade

Huntschool

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Timking: 

I'll try and take some tomorrow for ya if ya need proof.  I'll have to use my cell phone so dont scream at me.... LOL 

They really are not elusive.  You can go to their site A & H and look at risers and limbs that are currently available.  Thats how I bought this one.  Took all of 3 days to get it from the time I made the phone call and the Pay Pal transfer. 

Glad to see ya have an old MA.  I do also.  Mine is a non FF string,  62" 45# @ 28 Autumn Oak with the old "frosted" finish. It is a deer killing machine.
I shoot mostly AD shafts with the old Zephyr Sasquatch or Sirocco BH's.  

My "fun" bow is a second year of production Bear (Black death) Super Mag, 45# @ 28" non FF of course.  Its a fun bow and likely my #1 go to turkey bow.

AMM 761
Black Widow Bows
Huntschool

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Timking:   Here she is......

ACS1.jpg ACS2.jpg   

AMM 761
Black Widow Bows
Orion

Reply with quote  #14 
I've had several and still have one.  My interest has just turned to ASLs lately, but will likely always keep at least one ACS in my stable. They are very quick.  Some folks find the grips a little small, and I think they are for large hands.  A strategically placed leather wrap can help.  Some folks also have trouble matching an arrow to them.  I think there's two reasons for that.  First is their high performance.  They take a pretty stiff arrow.  Second is the fact that the side plate is cut well past center.  This contributes to the need for more spine as well.  It needs to be built out quite a bit, particularly if one is shooting skinny carbon arrows out of it.  
Dragonheart

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I had one a few years back that was the aluminum cast handle.  Mine was 66" and around 50 pounds.  The draw cycle is different with more felt poundage at the beginning of the draw and a "letting off" but not drastic like a super curve, on the back end.  Fast longbow style of limb.  With the metal handle I had a beaver skin grip that helped bunches on cold mornings.  3 piece longbows have just never really been my cup of tea.  Limbs were very well built.     

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Bruce,

Welcome to TAS.  Good place with lotsa good folks.  Not a longbow guy myself but that sure is a pretty riser.  Frank

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Thanks Frank.

Still playing with the bow.  I have pretty much gotten one arrow to shoot really well (although showing slight signs of being stiff) but I want a bit more out of it. Since posting the pics I have made a leather wrap for the grip area.  I continue to be happy with what it can do when I do my part.  It can be fussy.  Keeps me on my toes....  LOL

AMM 761
Black Widow Bows
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.