photo f2fc6645-3553-483b-b64e-4c19058f6c05_zps121db233.jpg  photo 7B537578-F7C7-4F86-98B8-9F94E0644C33_zpsqirpypxs.jpg  photo jdberry_zpsea01d711.jpg  photo grizzlybroadheads_zps1m2s5rho.jpg  photo banner-kking-160-170_zps48e9d6a9.jpg  photo HolmMadeNewAd_09092014_zpsc4e4691d.jpg  photo truenortharrows_zpsi9ay4gwc.gif  photo 35A0AFC6-0F9E-412C-A64B-EBE54AF0479D_zpsmipyof8e.jpg  photo EEE5CA06-2368-4F2F-A920-0CA562579FE0_zpsm9lvvu1t.jpg  photo northernmist20bcard1_zpssaxw3n46.jpg  photo 072BD871-7553-4294-BBDD-E69370AD1F6A_zpsjismq5n7.jpg                                     photo AFF3B4E3-F518-4092-A4E6-65AE830AB2BE_zpsnuwaaten.jpg  photo f5d37de7-de84-47ad-b248-e8adfe84c5db_zps4oisluth.gif  photo 02c77249-7155-4785-a743-8faf8c694e7a_zpseaj9xlnz.jpg  photo B5D4E580-5A4C-4A25-AC73-D69CDBE82A69_zpsvvtli29v.jpg  photo Dave_shooting_bow_logo202_zpsuskt81vw.jpg  photo image_zps2rrhsrju.jpeg  photo sunsethill_zps551c0207.jpg  photo db77abad-c90f-4ee5-9e34-905fe0c0fd36_zpsleoiybdo.png  photo bigjim_zps76882839.jpg  photo howardhill_large_zps5fd2fcc7.jpg  photo IMG_5966_zpsgrbhwrgb.jpeg  photo Bearpaw_Products_Logo1_zps55d85f33.jpg  photo tradtech_zps697b00c1.jpg  photo a3c08d6f-f669-46b5-8b0c-1480a411cc78_zpsc853b3a6.gif  photo fairbow_zpsc278ec39.jpg  photo F5A4B354-1040-4D43-939F-28ED48F7E5B7_zpsws5ptsc8.jpg  photo coyote track 1_zpshipxn54s.png  photo DF07A98B-41BB-4024-BCF7-A4FCB543D40E_zpsoiduf1m2.png  photo the20footed20shaft_zpsudbyv3ab.jpg  photo blackeaglefinal_zpsfqgqqrcj.png  photo 94936CDE-4CF5-4181-B2F9-FECCA1FE886F_zpsy5nfpirv.jpg photo D49F4739-A11D-4F9D-9D50-4C3EE95E9555_zpswoqwk23o.jpg  photo BF4712C7-9EE6-460F-8380-4E7F08A65416_zpsmluzlgny.jpg  photo bivoucascreenshot_zpscfdgf0n0.jpg  photo 510CA748-680D-4178-8B50-1A4C7F7F895D_zps6b5pjjoc.gif
Traditional Archers | Bowhunters

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Selden Slider

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I know it's an old pic from a longbow hunt.  I remember when it was first posted.  Yeah, you had some black in your hair back then.  Not to be picky but the website does say "Longbows and Recurves Worldwide."  I'd like to see a pic with a mix of bows but that's just me.  It's still a great site though and my favorite.  The adage "you can't please everyone" rings true.  Frank

Honoree Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Frank:
That pic was taken at the first hunt in Georgia, no one discriminated its what showed up.

Bob

TAS Upgrade Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Frank, I've learned it 'ok' to be different from the crowds.....

After all, if you hadn't ever had an Old Milwaukee you wouldn't appreciate good champagne!  [eek][rofl]

Dallas, Texas
62" #55 Fox High Sierra 
62" #58 Black Widow MA
64" #56 A&H ACS 
Widowmaker 350 Carbon shafts
200 gr. Iron Will 4 blade

aromakr

Honoree Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Tim:
You have to be kidding, "Old Milwaukee", pun intended I hope!

Bob

TAS Upgrade Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Tim I knew you were a brother from another Mother😉. When they stopped selling the lite I almost quit drinking beer. Now the local bar doesn't sell OM either. Good thing they cstill carry PBR or I will have to find somewhere else to drink.

Self Bows, OE's; Heritage, Vixen, Misty Dawn, Heritage II x 2 "The Twins", North Star x 2 Crown Jewel and Cousin It, 7 Lakes SF Carolina Night, Miller Sage, Ramer, Schulz Grandpa, Sunset Hill, Shelton

Cheyenne WY
Kelly

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #31 
So the new home page won’t recognize my log in information but when I clicked on theforum link at op off page it took me to the old forms where I’m logged in.  And my old bookmark takes me to the new homepage. Have the forums changed too?

http://www.arrowskp.com

>>>>============> Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory! Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible! >>>>============>
Charter Member Traditional Archery Society
tradlongbow

Administrator
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
So the new home page won’t recognize my log in information but when I clicked on theforum link at op off page it took me to the old forms where I’m logged in.  And my old bookmark takes me to the new homepage. Have the forums changed too?

Kelly, All the forums are still the same, the only new addition is the frontpage when someone goes to http://www.traditionalarcherysociety.com. On the frontpage there's several links to enter the forum.

Darren

TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 
Farmland Conservation Club, Winchester, Indiana 

PUBLIC LAND HUNTER
John Schulz Straight Shooting and Bowhunting Graduate
Email: traditionalarcherysociety@yahoo.com

Duncan Warren

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Like the new website!

D
Selden Slider

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromakr
Frank:
That pic was taken at the first hunt in Georgia, no one discriminated its what showed up.

Bob

Bob, I know that.  Just breaking chops.  Frank

TAS Upgrade Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Great job!

“There is no such thing as overkill in hunting.”
TUFFHEAD
Draven

Club Member
Reply with quote  #36 
It looks very good. 
PS There is a downside though. If someone is looking for info about ASL using Google, the links to this site are broken
[ File not found  (404 error) ]

Club Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Slider
I know it's an old pic from a longbow hunt.  I remember when it was first posted.  Yeah, you had some black in your hair back then.  Not to be picky but the website does say "Longbows and Recurves Worldwide."  I'd like to see a pic with a mix of bows but that's just me.  It's still a great site though and my favorite.  The adage "you can't please everyone" rings true.  Frank

Maybe the main page picture could be made to display as a slideshow with a variety of trad gear depicted?

Charter Member
Reply with quote  #38 
I like the new look myself. Now if we could get some of that FB crowd to come over here and contribute. 

Sun City, Az. by way of San Diego, Ca. Bear TD's Wes Wallace Royal LB, ILF risers and various limbs, Vintage Works 1962 Kodiak reproduction made to my specs

I hunt public land.
ottertails

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Well done Darren!
bigun

Associate Member
Reply with quote  #40 
lookin good.
tradlongbow

Administrator
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longcruise

Maybe the main page picture could be made to display as a slideshow with a variety of trad gear depicted?

I like the idea of a slideshow. It took 8 hours to set it up, next week I’ll add a slideshow.

PUBLIC LAND HUNTER

longcruise

Club Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Do you do all this web maintenance yourself?  

Administrator
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longcruise
Do you do all this web maintenance yourself?  

I do, It's been a learning experience since 2013.

PUBLIC LAND HUNTER

longcruise

Club Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Well, thank you for your dedication. 

Honoree Member
Reply with quote  #45 
I would prefer that an exclusive section would be made for items that the members are selling or trading.  The Main Forum Campsite section would then be cleaner and easier to navigate through. [smile]

Traditional Archery Society Senior Historian

tradlongbow

Administrator
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skookum
I would prefer that an exclusive section would be made for items that the members are selling or trading.  The Main Forum Campsite section would then be cleaner and easier to navigate through. [smile]

Fred, There's a dedicated Classified section on the forum. Do you mean just having one classified section?

PUBLIC LAND HUNTER

skookum

Honoree Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Darren, being that I'm not too techie, I always go to the "Latest Topics" and navigate thru it.  It is there that I run into all the classified stuff.  I like reading the classified stuff seperately.  (It's just the way my old brain operates!)

Traditional Archery Society Senior Historian

James Donahue

Reply with quote  #48 
this is what I click on to get here (https://traditionalarcherysociety.com) but the first time  it says safari cant find this website- then if do again it comes up with the picture page  ?

Reply with quote  #49 
Fred...latest topics includes all new tooics. Are you suggesting that ( if it is even possible) that a change should include all new topics EXCEPT " for sale" stuff.

Charter Member Traditional Archery Society

I did too !

Madison, Wisconsin.   Public land hunter
tradlongbow

Administrator
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc
Fred...latest topics includes all new tooics. Are you suggesting that ( if it is even possible) that a change should include all new topics EXCEPT " for sale" stuff.

Chuck,

I think that’s what Fred is talking about. I don’t think there’s away to remove classifieds from the new topics.
Darren

PUBLIC LAND HUNTER

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.